**The posts we write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.**
Summer is almost here and we are excited!
It’s a special time of year, especially if you live in the north like we do and have winter for half of the year.
Our amazing summer months are what keep us sane through the frozen winters, dreaming about the warm weather and the summer fun we will have once the seasons change again.
Now that summer time is almost here, it’s time to get prepared! It’s an amazing time of year, but it can be one filled with hiccups and headaches if we’re not ready for it.
Here are a handful of our favorite summer life hacks, perfect for busy moms who want to be prepared for everything this summer season! If you’re prepared, you don’t have to worry about much. You can focus your attention and energy on enjoying the beautiful weather with your family!
Summer Life Hacks for Busy Moms
1. Sunscreen in ALL of the places. In your purse, diaper bag, car, stroller, beach bags, in the kitchen so you can grab it before you go outside… Everywhere!
2. Have a pre-packed beach bag. When you come home and unload, pack it up again as soon as you can so it’s ready to go for next time.
3. Have a pre-packed bag for beach toys. After the beach, put it all back and have it ready for the next trip, too.
4. Sunglasses in multiple places. This is a must for me because I have sensitive eyes and get a headache if I don’t have sunglasses with me at all times. I have pairs in every car we have, and inside the drawer by the front door in the kitchen. If you have prescription sunglasses or are the type of person where you have one expensive, high quality pair, just make sure they’re always easily accessible and ready to take with you, especially if you switch cars or change purses/bags.
5. Hats in all the places; for kids and for you if you like hats. My toddler son is not a huge fan of wearing sunglasses yet (I’m going to keep trying though!), but he doesn’t mind a hat at all. I consider that a win so I bought some cheap, cute baseball hats on Amazon, so I could keep them in all the necessary places. One in each car, one in the diaper bag. One in the stroller. I want to have one at arm’s reach all the time, so I can keep as much sun out of his eyes as possible.
6. Snacks and water available always. It’s hot and you’re busy, so both you and your kids are going to be hungry and thirsty often. Be prepared!
7. Baby wipes everywhere. Baby wipes are not just for bums. Baby wipes are key for all kinds of summer-related things. Cleaning dirty hands, wiping up messes, cleaning picnic tables or anything at a public place. Honestly, baby wipes (and hand sanitizer) are basically an extension of my mom-body.
8. Bug spray everywhere. In the car, the stroller too. A bug net is also super handy to cover a stroller or carseat, to keep bugs away from infants.
9. Aloe Vera, anti itch cream, calamine lotion… Be ready for bug bites which usually swell up huge in little kids, as well as possible sunburns. Also, bandaids and antibiotic salve for the inevitable skinned knees that summer, paved roads, and playgrounds will bring.
10. Water water water! Again, it’s hot. Make sure everyone is hydrated and stays that way.
11. Make rest a priority. Allow for ample rest, and enough time to wind down before expecting them to sleep.
Summer is precious and we all want to make sure we enjoy it to the fullest.
By being prepared and using some of these summer life hacks, you can rest assured that you’re ready for whatever comes your way.
All you have to do now is get ready and go enjoy the summer warmth with your kiddos!